• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Music graphic things...ugh what are they called?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

I have seen a few moded cases online with a thing, that fits in a 5inch bay and works with the music, or something all i know is that it works with winamp via plugin, not sound senseitive lights, just the thing....

Yes! thanks....
Can you go over how exactly these things work?
Im very interested in getting one. My new case is coming along very nice, bit noisey but cant hear it when playing Tribes 2!

max load temps are 31, idle 26

Last edited:
can uexplain how these work, add on to what is on that page?

Angry said:
can uexplain how these work, add on to what is on that page?

Maybe you should try to PM Kingslayer (I believe he has one).
If he doesn't have one and starts to harass you, tell him I said that:p

Its called a "equalizer" and it does what an equalizer is supposed to do, it lets you add more bass is if want more bass, it lets you control the sound frequencies so you get the sound that you want.

hmmm . . . i'm still confused . . . say i have an audigy, what will this thing provide that i dont get with my sound card? do i just plug my soundcard into this thing to get the cool loooking stuff on the front? or does this thing actually do something? does it play cds or something? (what is an equalizer? you mean that thing in winamp?)

If you just want the nice lights and not the equalizer and effects, I would suggest an LCD display. You could possibly fit a nice 40*4 display to show temps and volts from MBM, songnames and effects from winamp and a lot of other info as well.

I have a tiny 16*2 display over my floppy, looks great and is pretty usefull...

Yeah I have one in my case. It's a graphic equalizer. You can adjust it by aura, be it Live, or Hall, or Concert, like any cheap equalizer, but you can also adjust the bands seperately. Although I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

It will make a crappy sound card sound great and a great sound card sound marginally better. It works well with my Live! and brought a SB128 up to Live standards in my opinion.

The external mic and headphone jack are a godsend for gaming. The only problem is the internal cable the plugs to the speaker output card is a little short. I have a full tower case and couldn't mount it in the top two slots and have it reach the second card slot from the top.

If you get one, get the DSP version that handles digital speakers. While I can't tell you the benefits as I run analog speakers, it's there if you ever decide to upgrade.

All in all it's not a bad item to have. It looks cool more than anything, but it will be getting replaced soon with an Audigy. Most usefulness in the Audigy than this thing.

Back