• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI March: Unigine Superposition-1080P Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope it's cold this weekend so maybe I can beat earth dog before he pushes his CPU and walks over me

ONE of the sources for Superposition that I read, stated that this Benchmark hits ONLY the First 3 Cores. All of the Calculations are done on the GPU :)

Here is a 2nd run and the information that it gives when registered :)

MaddMutt\R9-290x in CF\AIR\5622

Super #3.jpg

Superposition Information

Super #4.jpg

ONE of the sources for Superposition that I read, stated that this Benchmark hits ONLY the First 3 Cores. All of the Calculations are done on the GPU :)

I don't know if that's totally true , I was able to get a better score with the same cpu speed ( but upping the Cache and memory speed ) . But you are right I saw the biggest boost with a bit more GPU core speed but alot more with Gpu ram speed .

Score 4578 vs 4636
CPU 4.8
Cache 4.0
Ram 999mhz
GPU Boosting to 2126
Gddr 1352

CPU 4.8
Cache 4.3
Ram 1019
GPU Boosting 2150ish
Gddr 1363

LOL im on vacation right now so all i could bring for graphics was a geforce 750ti. i got a GTX 1070 at home. gonna put that bad boy in this machine and see how it really goes. plan to buy more GPUs in the future as well. or at least, until thread ripper 12nm comes out somewhere in april.

Ryzen in April , TR won't be out until summer from what I gather

mackerel/1080Ti/Air/6340

Didn't enjoy this OC this card. Not much headroom to play with from factory OC settings. Core temps were still low. Software adjustments hardly budged voltage. I'm not going to hardware mod it to get a useful voltage increase. I know the ram is right on the limit as it is starting to artefact, and any faster it just crashes. Core seems to be at limit too. I'm getting tiered of crashes...

spex-6340c.png

mackerel/1080Ti/Air/6745

I found a setting to tweak :D Still not quite enough to catch up with those above... but I really should do something else now.

spex-6745c.png

Yeah most of the Tis have very little headroom

Back