• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a rare case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
im looking for a rare case, ive seen it before but i cant find it again :(, i saw one simlair to it but it only had 2 5.25" bays and only 1 fan hole and it looked cheap. but its simlair to that.
well anyway im looking for a case with the side pannel folds down. a good comparison is the mac g4 case, rember the side pannel folded down and the motherboard and stuff was on it? i want one simlair to that except for the pc
and no im not gonna mod a g4 case for a pc, i dont like the big blue apple :p
well has anyone seen this case before and know a place to buy it?

nope :( thats the one i was talking about that was simlair to the one i was looking for.

it looks kind of like that though but it wasnt made of plastic and it had more drive bays and fan holes.

I don't think this one's all that moddable. It's all plastic and has two layers of it in all the wrong places.
It's at a local computer store, but they wanted $160 for it without a psu! I don't shop there, ya know?

nope :rolleyes:
the case was almost exactly like the mac g4 case (except it was made for pc and it didnt have the stupid colors) and it worked the same way, the mobo was mounted upside down like the first one you showed me. but it was made of metal and had more hdd bays and fan holes.

im starting to think that i wont be finding that case again :(
figures when i get the money to buy somthing it disapperars off the face of the earth, lol

Sorry Big Red, I've been looking for 3 days and can't find it. Maybe Steve Jobs bought them all or sued....Oh Stevie! :eh?:

I found about 400 sites where this same guy put a micro atx into an actual g4 case. But that sounds harder than what it's worth.

Hey El, hope when you review the case I hope you don't install the mobo and cards while sitting on the carpet like that guy did!

Some people mess up cause they don't know any better.
Me, I like to do it on purpose and blaze the trail.

I don't fear ESD cuz if stuff breaks I can always upgrade. I do use static bags at teh min because only takes 5volts to kill some stuff adn a shock is like 20,000volts!

no, it wasnt a modded g4 case. it looked like a modded Lilan case or a generic alumium case, it was from a now defunt retailer on the internet so i dont know where it went. i cant find any on ebay or anything :( guess i missed out. i might have to just buy a g4 case and mod it myself, lol. macs suck but i just love the way the case is made :)

Avoidance

All I've heard about the Submariner is bad, bad, bad.
The PSU is mounted on the bottom of the case so it vents heat into the inside of the case, it only has one spot for mounting a fan, and it's flimsy.

I recommend either working on your machining\woodworking skills and making yourself a unique case (like I am doing). Or visit Buycase.com, Colorcases.com, or Directron.com

I'm currently converting an IKEA sliding bookshelf into a mobile PC. It holds a trimmed ATX motherboard tray, 300Watt PSU, 2 3.5" drives, 2 5.25" Drive, and a folding keyboard.

I'll probably post pics here when it's done.

Is this the one you're looking for?

If not, you might take a look here

NO?? sorry, try to give me some more info (color, # of drive bays whatever). and I'll find it:p (99.9% of the time I find what I'm looking for, doesn't matter if its hardware, software, Warez...ohhh no I don't do that anymore).

Back