• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Litecoin pools

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihatejava

Registered
So after the 10 hour period of waiting for my Litecoin wallet to actually synchronize, I'm ready to run it for the day and just see where it will get me.

My only question is, why do I need to enter a pool to start cgminer? Wouldn't you only do this when you are doing it with other people/computers?

You don't specifically need a pool, but it will make mining/profitability significantly higher, so that you aren't waiting forever for a block to be found

Or, you need to tell it that you're going to mine "solo" and run the local miner.

But that is going to be big waste of time with the current difficulties, just telling you now.

my mining friend told me to join up to wemineltc.com, so I setup an account, and started my miner.

It's just kind of repeating itself, am I doing something wrong? Or is this the process?

Attachments

• miner.png
    miner.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 128
That's normal. What you want to look at is the info above that. It will look something like this: GPU 0: 63.5C 3130RPM | 326.7K/301.2Kh/s | A:2569723 R:79666 HW:0

Thats the GPU temp and fan speed, how many hashes you are mining at, A is how much work that has been accepted, R is the rejected work, HW is hardware errors. You don't want any HW errors.

Not normal. That command window should be showing lots of lines of "Accepted"

Note these items in the image I attached:

Line 2:

A: 688224 This is the count of accepted valid work done.
R: 9120 This is rejected work.
HW: 0 This is errors

Line 4:
Connected to: ltc-eu.give-me-coins.com This is the mining pool I have joined (actually eu is my failover)
As user: Your user name:workername should appear here

Line 7:
681.05K/685.9KH/s: Client is performing 685.9KH/s of work.

Many lines of "Accepted xxxxxxxxx Diff xxxxxxx" This is work turned in by this client and not rejected.

If you are missing any of the above there is likely an error in the configuration of your client, or the setup of the pool you joined.

Attachments

• mining.jpg
    mining.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
^^ agreed, if you don't see messages about accepting work units something is wrong. Check the number next to HW: if it isn't 0 something is wrong.

Back