• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home Network Through Cross Over Cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

Well i'am running a home network through 2 computers using a cross over cable and today my other computer wont find my host and i need to get on the internet through that one and use it's hard drive through this!!! Does anybody have any ideas on what i could do to fix this problem!!!

if they are succseffuly networked make sure that you have shared the drive you want to use on the other computer, simply right click on the drive in mycomputer and select sharing, then enable full access, i'm assuming you are running win 95-me

Are you sure you have a physical connection? To check this, make sure the green lights are on on your NICs (you can look at the back of your case to see them)...also double check to make sure your network cards are working right (in device manager)

Back