• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find the perfect overclocker's case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick G

I'm looking for a case to house my system (listed in my sig). I don't think I want to get into water cooling, but if there is a case that incorporates this, and is extremely simple to hook up and operate (I know nothing about watercooling), then I would consider it. The main reason I'm upgrading my case is because I want one with fans on the side, blowing directly at the cpu. I keep my case inside my computer desk behind a door. The desk has one of those spots specifically designed to hide your case. The max dimensions for the height and width of the case are 19"H x 9.5"W. Any suggestions???

only 19 inches high? so no tower than. I would go with a cheiftec then but those tend to be big. actually the midtower sx830 just fits it is about 18 with the feet. I would get a vapochill since you have a very very nice system but that is pretty extreme. I the ones with the drive bay doors are nice too. look at newegg.com.

el said:
only 19 inches high? so no tower than. I would go with a cheiftec then but those tend to be big. actually the midtower sx830 just fits it is about 18 with the feet. I would get a vapochill since you have a very very nice system but that is pretty extreme. I the ones with the drive bay doors are nice too. look at newegg.com.

That CT1030 black looks pretty nice. The reviews talk about this being an antec though?

that is a nice case teh windtunnel one that is but a little pricey!

the antec/cheiftec are made buy the same people in Taiwan so they are the same just different power supplies. I would still go with a quality case and mod it myself. the cheiftecs and antecs are hard to find but they are so friggin nice I can't really recommend anything else.

the mobo tray in that one case did look very nice :)

OK now I'm seeing a black Enermax case that looks a lot like that chieftec case. I take it other manufacturers use antec cases do there own little mods and resell them.

Man timing is everything:) Chieftec w/o psu looks the way to go.

Last edited:
Patrick G said:
I'm looking for a case to house my system (listed in my sig). I don't think I want to get into water cooling, but if there is a case that incorporates this, and is extremely simple to hook up and operate (I know nothing about watercooling), then I would consider it. The main reason I'm upgrading my case is because I want one with fans on the side, blowing directly at the cpu. I keep my case inside my computer desk behind a door. The desk has one of those spots specifically designed to hide your case. The max dimensions for the height and width of the case are 19"H x 9.5"W. Any suggestions???

I have an Antec SX840 workstation tower and I am very pleased with it, the case came with two 80MM fans and three more optional-fan brackets installed just add additional 80mm fans( 5 total) 400 watt power supply, but I sold the 400w to a friend and upgraded the power supply to a 500W
I paid $109 for this case at COMP USA.

Also KOOLANCE offers a complete watercooling setup, everything is included.....just attatch the water block to your CPU, hoses already attatched and the system is filled with coolant($250), it's a cool looking case.

You can find an article on this setup at; http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q4/011029/

:eh?: :burn:

Last edited:
Back