• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G-Helper on Asus Prime Z690-P WiFi Desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash1

I've had many problems with Armoury Create. It's been working until about 2 months ago when the update driver portion stopped working.

I've used their uninstall and followed instructions but I cannot get Armoury Crate to install because it keeps complaining old Armoury parts a still present.

During the uninstall an error pops up "Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\asusfancontrolservice\2.03.35"

Any suggestions?

Can G-Helper but run on a desktop?

Thanks for any help

Intel Core i7-12700K
ASUS Prime Z690-P WiFi
Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black,
SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 Intel XMP 3.0
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid-tower(PH-EC400ATG_DBK01)

Last edited:
Did you reboot after you used their uninstall? Sometimes things are left over and need to reboot to complete the uninstall fully.

I don't know if G-helper can run on desktop. It won't hurt to try, though I'm not sure what you're trying to use it for on a desktop.

Yes, every time. Ran the uninstall got the error. Rebooted same error. Stopped all Asus services and tried uninstall, rebooted still same error.

In searching for answers I saw some stuff on how the G-Helper is so much better than Armoury Crate but it looks geared to laptops.

I just like the convenience of AC and updating drivers but my main thing is I like the box lighting showing CPU usage....I looked through the bios and didn't see where that CPU usage with the lighting could be done through the Bios....am I missing something?

Thanks again EarthDog....you are always there for us!

Honestly, never tried GHelper, but yeah, give it a whirl and see if it works on a desktop.

I mean at this point, I reinstall Windows, lol. AC is a PITA to deal with. And instead of spinning my wheels, I reinstall Windows and start over (I have an image with all my stuff installed on Day0 so it's easy for me - not for everyone).

Honestly, never tried GHelper, but yeah, give it a whirl and see if it works on a desktop.

I mean at this point, I reinstall Windows, lol. AC is a PITA to deal with. And instead of spinning my wheels, I reinstall Windows and start over (I have an image with all my stuff installed on Day0 so it's easy for me - not for everyone).
Great idea....thanks for the reminder.....been a long time since I've made an image because my old Gbyte was so stable.....guess I need to do that :rolleyes:

What do you use for you're imaging?

Thanks as always....will try G-Helper before I reinstall and I need another KB since I can't get into bios with BT keyboard ARG.....

Awesome, I knew you could view the bios from w/in windows but didn't like that idea.....glad to see the recovery option to get into it after reboot! Being out of the biz for a while you miss stuff like this but that's why this forum is so great!

Thanks again and will let you know the results when I have the time!

Have a great day!

So, for giggles, because AC may be causing me potential issues (haven't narrowed it down), I tried GHelper. It installs and works for controlling fans and lighting, albeit a bit more limited than AC. Not a bad little program! If you don't need the what the full AC brings, it's a solid alternative in the little time I spent with it. :)

I really like to use Revo Uninstaller for these types of issues. The program is free. Once you install Revo, open it up. Find your program in the list and tell Revo to uninstall. It will run the programs uninstaller AND then search for orphaned files/folders and scan the registry for orphaned entries. This is probably where you;re having trouble and Revo will resolve it.

Take a look at this link and see what you think.

I really like to use Revo Uninstaller for these types of issues. The program is free. Once you install Revo, open it up. Find your program in the list and tell Revo to uninstall. It will run the programs uninstaller AND then search for orphaned files/folders and scan the registry for orphaned entries. This is probably where you;re having trouble and Revo will resolve it.

Take a look at this link and see what you think.
Sounds great.....but there is nothing left after the uninstall for AC....Time for a Winders re-install......Wish I had gone with someone else.....used to be an Asus then got pissed went to Gigabyte and now back to Asus....won't make this mistake again.....
Their routers a ok though.....

Back