• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS Web Browser?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

Is there such thing as a web browser for the Nintendo DS? My GF bought a DS Lite, and we don't have any Wi-Fi games yet. I just want to test it out to make sure that it is connecting to my wireless router.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah we're all impatient for Nintendo to get their act together and release that darn thing...

MY ASSUMPTION: Since the Wii will be a wireless platform for WiFiConnection, perhaps the cart will come out then, so that DS users can use their Wii like a wireless router?

By the sound of things, by the time the Wii comes out, you'll be able to d/l the web browser to your Wii's DS channel, then transfer it over from the Wii to the DS.

That's what I've gathered according to what I've read regarding the WiiConnect24's abilities.

I heard that yes the opera browser gives the DS the ability to browse the internet...but no it's not at a level to where it's worth anything....in other words don;t expect to be on your couch with your DS surfing all through OCforums...atleast thats what I read in a review.

blueswitch said:
I heard that yes the opera browser gives the DS the ability to browse the internet...but no it's not at a level to where it's worth anything....in other words don;t expect to be on your couch with your DS surfing all through OCforums...atleast thats what I read in a review.

Like the PSP and most PDAs. Its hard enough surfing on a 640 x 480 Pocket PC. Most small screen mobile devices stink because you only get a fourth or less of a web page and have to sroll the rest and the load times are bad.

But hey, it will do in a pinch if you've got no PC/laptop handy.

Back