• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Down 25mill for a bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
My main upstairs PC went down sometime this morn...My wife who was awake claims no responsibility.

I am just starting to troubleshoot now so I won't need any advice at this time...I am trying different ports for the USB windows stick in a minute. Going to unplug everything.

I am leaning toward the Boot SSD as it is a few years old.

I like to throw money at these problems and may run down to MC and see what MB, Ram, and CPU packages they have. I have one of the first Z690's with the older DDR4 so it would be nice to upgrade, since its available and affordable.

If anyone see's a good package link it and that's what I'll get. Meanwhile back to crawling on the floor. :cheers:

My main upstairs PC went down sometime this morn...My wife who was awake claims no responsibility.

I am just starting to troubleshoot now so I won't need any advice at this time...I am trying different ports for the USB windows stick in a minute. Going to unplug everything.

I like to throw money at these problems and may run down to MC and see what MB, Ram, and CPU packages they have. I have one of the first Z690's with the older DDR4 so it would be nice to upgrade, since its available and affordable.

If anyone see's a good package link it and that's what I'll get. Meanwhile back to crawling on the floor. :cheers:
That sucks dude!!!!:eek:

I was gonna suggest MC, but yer already heading there. They just about always have combo deals goin. Only thing I hate about our MC is it's in Boston. I HATE driving in that jungle. I'm a country bumpkin livin in NH where I'm more worried about getting hit by a moose, deer, or bear than another car :rofl:

Ok...Too bad. I got it working again by unplugging my Plex 10 TB desk top drive a USB C hub and switching HDMI to the primary (0 GPU). The screen came back on (I have to admit I was surprised )

There was Win 11 update in the last week that I had to do twice...Wonder if that caused an issue...This PC has a lot of stuff plugged in and is the workhorse...It has 6 TB of just M.2 in it...They are not known for longevity...I have been keeping an eye out for a 4 TB M.2 to replace the boot drive just for this reason.

So this means no new build for now... ):

Checking to see anything I need backed up. Something I do anyway...Just in case.
Post magically merged:

I was gonna suggest MC, but yer already heading there. They just about always have combo deals goin. Only thing I hate about our MC is it's in Boston. I HATE driving in that jungle. I'm a country bumpkin livin in NH where I'm more worried about getting hit by a moose, deer, or bear than another car :rofl:
Yeah my MC is an easy 30 min drive to Villanova (St Davids) so I have to say I love going there. I have really wanted a new build in the HYTE Y70 touch...They just don't have any stock anywhere...also do not even think it can fit two GPU's.

Last edited:
fah is lagging , so I am finishing the 2 WU's and expect a reinstall to fix the issue. I also will reboot the PC at that point to make sure it doesn't just lock up again.:unsure:

If you don't clear the data when you uninstall it just keeps being sluggish so... If you need to do this just clear your data. If you use Chrome your browser will remember your name and pass key

Last edited:
I heard a strange noise around 5am...When I was upstairs brushing my teeth a few hours later , I heard the distinct almost unmistakable sound of dripping water on the other side of drywall...(as opposed to the dripping sound on the windowsill) :unsure:

Walked into one of the spare bedrooms and was appalled to see the wet ceiling dripping water...:shock:So I went up into the attic preparing for the worst...and I after seeing nothing I was actually glad to see a 3" branch had pierced the roof down near the bottom of the roof maybe 2 or 3 foot from the gutter edge. It was going to be an easy fix and easy to spot inside and out. :beer:

Risked life and limb to patch it (2nd story and wet), but it's done...It's been raining here for 3 days and one day to go. The creeks are all flooding and there must have been a dozen sirens go by on the main RD....Also at least 3 tree came down and 100's of branches (I just got done picking up 1000 of them last week.

Add in another power outage albeit a short one...Trying my best to keep the farm operating....

The good news , I turned on the ceiling fan (reversed) in that bedroom and I think 2 of the wet spots on the ceiling will dry nicely and I will just need to paint them and the 3rd at the tape joint will be the only repair and maybe just tape will do it.

A morning of putting out fires thank gawd I'm retired...I remember when my wife would call about this or that when I was 500 miles away...expecting me to fix it and I would say just call the plumber...

Hope everyone stays safe in this East Coast weather. :grouphug:

I think I am back up to speed...Installed the newest driver as I had moved the HDMI from the bottom 3080 to the top 4070 Ti Super. shouldn't have mattered but neither GPU was running right....Also did whatever Win 10 update was pending...They seem to slow folding down it they pend for too long. They were doing 18mill total PPD when I stopped looking at it.

I think the only thing I might be down is a 3070 Ti my daughter and SIL run for me...It's probably too hot and I don't micromanage that one...They can do what they want with it.

I doubt I can run the upstairs PC (25mill) much longer...It's getting hot in SE PA.

Back