• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Cortana, you're fired!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool. Then everyone has access to the GPE. There should be a way to make the OS behave through global policy if nothing else.

Cool. Then everyone has access to the GPE. There should be a way to make the OS behave through global policy if nothing else.

Since the creators update lots of GPE flags are NOT respected by the OS in PRO. Each flag will tell you if it now requires Enterprise or not

Since the creators update lots of GPE flags are NOT respected by the OS in PRO. Each flag will tell you if it now requires Enterprise or not

That isn't good news, nor is it surprising. Windows 10 is certainly creating opportunities for third party vendors. Speaking of which, I found this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/edgedeflector.html It keeps applications from opening Edge when they open a browser, instead opening the browser you want it to use.

what ever ultimate windows tweaker 4.3 does it seems to still work for disabling windows defender in pro, if i try to open the settings for it it says "this feature has been disabled by your administrator"

I will not submit! I'm looking at a Windows XP desktop being powered by a Phenom II 980 BE and a RX 480. I can play War Thunder and check email. So there, Microsoft! That'll learn 'ya!

Sorry. That was the first thing that came to mind when the IDE HDD spit out XP on this old beast. I apparently had enough parts laying around to build a working back up rig.

Wish I'd stopped by earlier. I just got done building a loaded USB install drive with drivers, etc. Getting rid of options always appeals.

adding on, appears Microsoft has added NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\rempl\shell in the task scheduler along with an update, this application makes a autostart at 10am(including waking the computer) and seems to increase "reliability of updates" simply by changing update settings if you attempt to mess with them.... wow microsft, i'm amazed, explains why me settings keep going back to enabled for auto reboot and stuff. recommend disabling these in task manager if you are using with winupdate minitool

it call the program here C:\Program Files\rempl\remsh.exe

has a config with the folloing info

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.4" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
<RegistrationInfo>
<URI>\Microsoft\Windows\upgen\shell</URI>
<SecurityDescriptor>D:(A;;GA;;;SY)(A;;FRFX;;;LS)(A;;FRFX;;;BA)</SecurityDescriptor>
</RegistrationInfo>
<Triggers>
<CalendarTrigger>
<StartBoundary>2017-04-24T10:00:00</StartBoundary>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<ScheduleByDay>
<DaysInterval>1</DaysInterval>
</ScheduleByDay>
<RandomDelay>PT60M</RandomDelay>
</CalendarTrigger>
<RegistrationTrigger>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Delay>PT10M</Delay>
</RegistrationTrigger>
</Triggers>
<Principals>
<Principal id="LocalSystem">
<UserId>S-1-5-18</UserId>
<RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>
</Principal>
</Principals>
<Settings>
<MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>
<DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>
<StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>
<AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>
<StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>
<RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>false</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>
<IdleSettings>
<StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>
<RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>
</IdleSettings>
<AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Hidden>false</Hidden>
<RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>
<DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>
<UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>false</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>
<WakeToRun>true</WakeToRun>
<ExecutionTimeLimit>P3D</ExecutionTimeLimit>
<Priority>7</Priority>
</Settings>
<Actions Context="LocalSystem">
<Exec>
<Command>%ProgramFiles%\rempl\remsh.exe</Command>
</Exec>
</Actions>
</Task>

Take ownership, change permissions in the Security tab of the Properties window. Also change Effective Permissions. There is always (so far) a way to take a folder away from Windows. Remove it from the .iso if it's a Trusted Installer problem, and block the folder name through .cmd. Never say never, and pray the demons at M$ aren't reading this. LOL

edit: I'm putting this in the OP. This is news and definitely needs to be addressed by the community of W10 Ninjas.

update: Copied to the OP. I am not as adept at turning Window's nuts and bolts as many of our members are. Any and all suggestions are welcome. If someone finds a way to change the problematic file in question please post it here. It will end up in the OP with credit given to all who are involved in foiling this latest plot from the Boris and Natasha of Redmond. We'll come up with some sort of special recognition for getting the Bullwinkle reference.

Last edited:
it's part of the windows 10 "update reliability" and installs only on certain machines via a KB update, it seems the easiest way to break it is kill it's task in task manger so it cannot run

Back