• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster or Lian-Li?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I prefer Lian-Li, because:

The Coolmaster ATC-201 only has a brushed aluminum face plate and the top and sides are powder coated and it looks cheap for the money you pay for it!

The Lian-Li is all brushed aluminum, cheaper and just as high in quality!

Last edited:
Coolmaster sucks

i did business with them and will never do business with coolmaster again. They are dishonest and ripped off

be careful with coolmaster

i just put together a new system in a lian-li pc60usb, and i freaking love it :D :D just my .02

I got my Coolermaster in my sig during a PC show and was a scratch and dent item.....For The $100 I paid Im not complaining.

Both the Coolermaster and The Lian LI are excellent choices.

Apparently the guy that sold me the Case at the trade show didnt have a clue as to its retail value.

He wanted 125 and I rebutted with a 100 dollar offer and it was mine. Had a little dent in the back where I cut out a exit air fan hole anyway.

>>In my sig is my answer

APACER 2 x 128Mb PC133 SDRAM CL3 3.64V
ASUS V7100 GF2MX 32MbSDRAM 230core/205mem
SBLIVE!VALUE
431W Enermax PSU
2 X 20Gig SEAGATE 7200RPM
ASUS DVD 12X
PLEXTOR 12/10/32A
W98SE

i think i'm missing something . . . .no case listed??? o ., .. . i just saw the pc70 part. hmm . .. i feel stupid . . .

well anyway . . .lian li's are great, my bro has one but they cost an arm and a lef

Here is my review:

Allow me to express my appreciation for the Lian Li cases. The best way to describe it, "an absolute pleasure to work with!" This case has such a high quality, that putting it together just makes you feel good. Incredible. If only I could afford this case for every computer, life would be much nicer. Every piece of this case fit together like a glove. Excellent layout, and no tools required, thanks to the 100% thumb screws. Well labeled and neatly organized motherboard connectors (reset switch, LED, USB, etc.) This case is lightweight, runs cool, and quiet! I've seen a 9 degree C drop just by using this case. I knew that Aluminum cases helped the overall temperature, but I was not expecting a reduction in noise too. That certainly was a nice bonus. Over my lifetime, I have built hundred of computers, and this case is the best. I've got 2 now, and plan on getting more in the future.

Lian-Li is a good company to deal business ?

anybody here buy computer case from them before ?

any problem with service?

i want to buy the case directly from them.

thank you

Softwebdev, I bought my Lian-Li from here:MPC Parts. No complaints at all! Not sure if Lian-Li deals direct, but MPC Parts was easy to deal with. Ordered on a Sunday, received it on a Wednesday.

The case rocks!!! Incredibly easy to get into, all thumb screws, dummy protection so peeps don't cut themselves on the edges and sue the pants of them... very nice!

thank you very much for your info

will get lian-li soon.

can't wait to have lian-li's case for my Christmas

How do the Antec cases compare to the Lian-Li?

I was weighing up the pros & cons & ended up buying the Antec.

A good solid case with good air flow (4 standard fans)

Acko

I just bought a Cooler Master ATC 201 from Newegg.com. for $225, which is probably the best computer store on the internet. So, if some of you have service issues with Cooler Master, I would try Newegg.com. Anyway, I chose the Cooler Master over the Lian Li PC70 because is had a top-mounted blow hole and slide-out motherboard tray. If you ever get a case with a slide-out motherboard tray, you will never go back to one that does not.

Although if you really like having a blow hole and want a Lian Li case, all mod'ed and decked out, check out FrozenCPU.com. They have a nice PC-70, but it's almost $280.

hunter00 said:
28°C idle & 44°C load DOrb3 + PC70 w/ 6 X 80mm & 120mm(131CFM)

i think i'm missing something . . . .no case listed??? o ., .. . i just saw the pc70 part. hmm . .. i feel stupid . . .well anyway . . .lian li's are great, my bro has one but they cost an arm and a lef
I didn't make it too obvious 'cause they do cost a pretty penny & I'm usually a thrifty guy:beer:

Last edited:
I just bought my Lian LI PC-60USB at Axxion Technologies for $146 with $16 shipping. Was the cheapest i saw it anywhere.

1.8 Pentium IV
ASUS P4T-E
ATI RADEON 7500
512mb Rambus 800mhz
Lian Li PC-60USB
Still a work in progress!!

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys for the feedback! I think I will stick with the Lian-Li! I don't know what is so great about a removable motherboard tray that the coolermaster provides. But, from what I have read the Lian-Li has better construction.

Back