• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

black case/white dvd-rom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moltar

Registered
hey, i'm gonna build a computer

I want a black case, but if i get a dvd-rom and a cd-burner, they will both be the god aweful cream color..

is there a way to get them to have black face plates that match my choice of case color???

take the fronts off. pretty easy if you do it right. then spray paint them black with a couple of coats and one of clear coat. wet sand inbetween.

if you're building the new system from scratch, you could always spend a couple extra $ for the black components from the factory. i just finished building mine, and i saw black versions of most all of the components i was looking at.

btw, i think white components in black cases actually turn out looking decent sometimes :D good luck

My case is black, DVD and CD-RW drives are white, Floppy has NO face :p
But it's all good, case has a door on the front :D
Don't matter to me, It's a BEAST!
hehe

Moltar said:
hey, i'm gonna build a computer

I want a black case, but if i get a dvd-rom and a cd-burner, they will both be the god aweful cream color..

is there a way to get them to have black face plates that match my choice of case color???
If you don't mind spending a little more cash, you can get IBM drives, which come in black. I can't say how well they function, because I don't own one, but it's the best option if you want to keep your waranty on your new equipment, as painting it would void any waranty you have.

The easiest option you have is to go here; www.directron.com click on black in their options and behold all the black components one would need to match their case. :cool:

Here is the Black Components Page.

Seriously it's a good site to check out for black components including cases.

J

Back