• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-bigadv points

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChasR

Dr. Pande asked team members be reminded that -bigadv folding is an experiment and that points may be adjusted in the near future. This is in response to a thread "points system is getting ridiculous" on FF that's many pages long.

If normal proceedure is followed that will mean throwing more points at the other clients. However this time could be different. I think they now see that an exponential bonus is unsustainable, ppd approaches infinity too quickly. (48 core Opterons, that aren't all that expensive, are making 850,000 ppd now) Expect the QRB to be modified soon and govern your purchases accordingly.

Caught your thread in the public section... just got my second 2600K rolling along recently. Going to wait and see how this shakes out before making any other adjustments to the farm...

Thanks bro! :beer:

-bigadv points are going to be adjusted to produce 20% more than regular SMP. It remains to be seen what happens to the QRB formula. I think there will be a significant flattening of the curve.

Please keep me informed on the release date... although I wanted to wait till I have my v7 client code working, I'll have to go ahead and release v0.7.0 with the few updates I've done to it as it sits.

I'm close on v7 stuff on my side... but there are a couple outstanding issues with date formatting and log filtering that need addressed on the v7 side before I can completely move forward.

Back