• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AZZA Annouces OPUS 809 Open-Air ATX Chassis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Azza is known for making some of the most unique cases in the PC market. Today, Azza announced the OPUS 809 open-air ATX chassis and it doesn't dissapoint. The OPUS 809 looks more like modern art than a PC case featuring two aluminum bands for the framework and tempered glass (can be positioned either vertically or horizontally). With support for up to 360 mm long triple-slot GPUs, a 360 mm radiator, and ATX power supplies, the OPUS 809 is a versatile and capable platform. Azza has listed the MSRP at $349.99 and is available through Amazon and Newegg. Please, continue reading Azza's press release below.

Click here to view the article.

Just me or is this thing cool AF???
Is that a pun on the open air nature of the case? [emoji14]

It certainly has an interesting design. 4mm is pretty thick, but the choice of aluminum over steel give the option to anodized and change the color (either by the home enthusiast or the manufacturer). I still think I might prefer a thinner steel chassis, but only because it would offer a slightly smaller footprint. I fully appreciate that the choice of material and thickness is part of the aesthetic as well functional. I would like this case more as a special order that could add customization. If I could choose designs and have them milled into the aluminum, or have a choice of colors/patterns/hydrodipping then I would be more likely to consider this case, even at a stiff premium.

Just my .02

Is that a pun on the open air nature of the case? [emoji14]

If I could choose designs and have them milled into the aluminum, or have a choice of colors/patterns/hydrodipping then I would be more likely to consider this case, even at a stiff premium.

Just my .02

There are plenty of machine and specialty shops that will do exactly this for a (no so) small price. Hydro dipping can actually be done pretty easily by the end-user too.

There are plenty of machine and specialty shops that will do exactly this for a (no so) small price. Hydro dipping can actually be done pretty easily by the end-user too.
Yeah I get that. I'm just saying this particular case would be a bigger draw for me if those options were available from the manufacturer instead of sourcing the work locally. I would settle for different color schemes though

Back