• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone wanna Race???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
I'm on a mission. That mission is to be the only Core i7 920 on the first page of the TOP CPU Stats. Infact, I'm going for the TOP 10!

Anyone care to join me to see what kind of RAC they can get out of their CPU?

As it stands now, I need 4,486.82 out of a single CPU to do it. lol :)
Currently I sit in 41st place with 3,573.47 and climbing on a 4.0GHz 920. I plan to OC to 4.2 and leave it 24/7 for a month straight to see what I end up with.
I honestly don't know, but I'm gonna give it everything I got!
Anyone wanna race?​

Alrightly, looks like I'll just climb slowly for a bit until my ol X48 board get's back from donuts. Then I'll dedicate this 920 and really see what it can do! Incidentally, after that board gets here, the ol 9550 will be going in it and the ol RAC should gain about 3K or so. Yeahhh!

One man, alone! Folding for the country he loves, on a mission.... to blow the doors off all those Xeon rigs on the first page! ;)
Anyone? :(

Those Xeons are prolly 6-cored monsters, http://www.buy.com/prod/intel-xeon-...-2-66ghz-1066mhz-fsb/q/loc/101/208409894.html or similar :) Does quad cored i7 beat them?

I'll beat some of them!

Also, I'm not sure how a multi socket system ( if they even exist for i7) would be displayed on the Rosetta Stats. That is, I'm not sure if the top 5/10 are getting their RAC from one physical CPU or two on one board or what, and I really don't know how they are working their Server Based Rosetta clients.

Oh wow. What the hell? And the #5 cruncher is using one of those. Some would say that I am crazy using a benching rig to fold, but that guy's CPU is worth more than my entire machine!

i think u should try
LOL, with this setup, I'll be lucky to break 3k. (it is my daily rig)

I know I can't match his clockspeed (maybe?) or the number of cores. If I hadn't sold him back his old q9550 setup, I might have been able to stay ahead of him in total RAC.

LOL, with this setup, I'll be lucky to break 3k. (it is my daily rig)

I know I can't match his clockspeed (maybe?) or the number of cores. If I hadn't sold him back his old q9550 setup, I might have been able to stay ahead of him in total RAC.

umm i think u can do it :p

BENNY!!!! Good to see you again.

How ya doin bud?

I'm doing :thup: How's Baditude doing?

I lost my E6600 a few days ago, I think XP needs activated lol. I need to put Win7 RC on it but I'm running into major snags just getting it to install.

Celly and one quad are running full speed, the other quad I neglected to reboot after hooking up the kill-a-watt to it. I'm going to fire it up this afternoon, gonna be roasting, the weather is supposed to hit 90F today, wowzers! :eek:

Booooo. A bunch of computation errors set me back about 300Pts. Crap!
Not sure what the deal is there. I hope it's not my Hyper chips melting down on me. Hopefully it was just the flaky GFX card I was testing, cause I had a few BSOD's too and that's never happened on this machine b4.
Anyhow, back on track now.

Back