• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any love for legacy cases? What to do with them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I remember Neb's beige boxen.....whoa!
Hey Tim, not sure if you're referring to this beige boxen ( to the left). The silver boxen was beige, but it was really awful, so I painted it silver.

How do you like my homemade PVC res in 2nd pic? :rock:

Attachments

• Picture 001(04-07-04).jpg
    Picture 001(04-07-04).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 002(04-07-04).jpg
    Picture 002(04-07-04).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10
How do you like my homemade PVC res in 2nd pic? :rock:

That is a great idea, with the easy access pipe plug for filling / cleaning. (y)

Hey Tim, not sure if you're referring to this beige boxen ( to the left). The silver boxen was beige, but it was really awful, so I painted it silver.
Those beige boxen-turned silver are lookin' good, it was this beige boxen that caught my eye:
Post magically merged:

These beige behemoths are definitely going out the door (donate or ewaste) next week:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I'll go ahead and let go of the IBM case as well. I'm going to try to sell the Sun Microsystems case, I think there's still people who might want it as a memento.

sun+IBM.jpg

Attachments

• Gamer.jpg
    Gamer.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I'm having 2nd thoughts about taking these to e-waste, I'm just gonna put them in my shed. I loved the Chen Ming and Antec style cases for so long, it's hard to treat them like refuse.
You, my friend, are officially a hoarder...:chair::thup:

I have been purging so my Daughter doesn't end up having to do it...As far as cases...I look at this way...They lend most to looks and are also about the cheapest part...

If I have not used something in 1 year it is in danger of disappearing...Unless its a tool.:sn: Also I have mice in my shed just waiting for homes like this so they can breed....:(

...and S @stompah...I would prefer just a 3 day ban for these comments if we can arbitrate....:giggle:
Post magically merged:

Sweet jebus there's some dinosaurs there, wow! Awesome!

No love from me...garbage, bud. Any 'beige' case has to go. :p
If Tim had rattled canned them black...we might be ooohhing and ahhing...:clap:

Last edited:
...and Stompah...I would prefer just a 3 day ban for these comments if we can arbitrate....:giggle:
7 days since you capitalized the s.

I've gingerly placed unused (not outdated) equipment in plastic or cardboard boxes. They seem to have a very high failure rate. Sadly, lost some very viable equipment because of this.

I now live by if it doesn't have a static bag then it stays in the case and the case acts as static protection.

So I use that as a reason to keep some older cases around, for now.

What I don't get is my local electronics recyclers/resellers will toss them willy nilly and their stuff works. *shrug*

Stop shuffling your socks or slippers across the carpet and pick up your feet? :p

Touch something (anything) grounded before you touch components regardless? Not sure, lol.

I've been lucky with my piles O parts too... :chair:

I think it may be the static making its way in the box somehow.

I plan on pruning my older gear shortly and everything will be in a case and working or will be donated.

Hard to believe, I know. I think the plastic bins are the worst culprit. I am always finding dust and other small debris stuck to the plastic via static.

Back