• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit encrypted motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still dont get how that security feature works. You say it keeps hackers out... well how does it know who is a hacker and what is a web site that is retreiving some information? Or, if the key is left in are you automatically left vulnerable? If the key is removed will the hd lock in windows? They need to be more specific on how the system works.

After looking at that board I just wonder how far off a waterblock that is the size of a motherboard will be. Just think, a copper water block the size of your board, custom machined to clear all the resistors and stuff on a board and internally channeled. It would weight about 20 lbs....LOL. Just lay one copper block over the enitre motherboard and away ya go......Is danger Den listening??

Lvcoyote

hmm that would be kinda hard. I could see an add-on waterblock to go onto the back of a motherboard. Just take the motherboard you want. Push the back into some foam so you have all the measurements exactly. Then make a waterblock and everywhere there is an indent in it just put some insulation so it wouldn't touch any vital parts of the mobo. Pretty hard to accomplish though. I think that just submerging a motherboard is much easier. Take off all the fans and drop it into cooking oil and then just have the oil circulate around and hit some kind of radiator somewhere to get some air through it.
Duck

Back