• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 3rd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The winter folding contest had 98 participants.

and the april contest last year had tons!

Just a few days before the "Madness" begins!!! We still don't have our 100 participant minimum, but not to worry. Our generous sponsor has given me the go ahead to run the show regardless of the final number of participants. As such, I'll be removing the minimum participant verbiage from the primary contest thread. Still, call your brother, call your sister, call your neighbor and tell them about this awesome opportunity to win an Intel Core i7 920 CPU!!!

thfoldon.gif

Oh Yeah!!! Do I have some good news for you guys!!! In addition to the Intel Core i7 920 CPU up for grabs... we also have a BFG GTX260-216 and a Viewsonic 22" LCD Monitor. YOU CAN WIN THE 22" LCD MONITOR JUST FOR SIGNING UP!!!

Here's the details...

- Surprise PPD Contest: I will also be tracking participants' PPD over the entire contest period. I will compare each participant's contest PPD against their PPD from the week prior to the contest. The participant with the greatest gain in PPD will be awarded an NVIDIA GTX260-216 (card model found in the top post).

- Contest PPD Calculation: Each participant's contest PPD is calculated by taking their total points in the contest period divided by the number of days completed in the contest period. For example, user A has accumulated 10,000 points in the contest period through day 10. User A's PPD would then be 1,000 PPD.

- Surprise Sign-up Drawing: Our generous prize donor, StaTek, is also providing a "Door Prize" just for signing up - a Viewsonic 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Anyone can win, however, there are a couple stipulations. If you're a Team 32 member with a recent Folding history or previous Folding history, you will be shipped the monitor immediately after the drawing. The contest admin reserves the right to determine what is a "recent or previous Folding history" with Team 32. Other "visiting" Folders will be required to Fold then entire contest period with a similar PPD level as they produced before the monitor drawing, otherwise we will draw for the monitor again. The admin also reserves the right to determine what is a "similar level". Bottom line, if you come here to Fold for the contest, we want you here for the entire contest, simple as that. The drawing will take place no earlier than April 13th as it won't be available for shipping until that time.

- Winning Multiple Prizes: Participants can win either the Main or PPD Contest Prize but not both. If a participant wins the PPD Contest and is selected in the Main Contest drawing, they will have the option to select either prize. The prize not selected will either be redrawn for or be awarded to the next greatest PPD gainer depending on which prize was selected. Users may win the Sign-up Prize in addition to one of the prizes as stated above.

I'm excited :D
I'm going to see if i can't convince my bro to add his comp to my farm for the month... It's still cool enough over in the central cali valley for that.
A bonus 4400+ X2 would be nice :D

Oh Yeah!!! Do I have some good news for you guys!!! In addition to the Intel Core i7 920 CPU up for grabs... we also have a BFG GTX260-216 and a Viewsonic 22" LCD Monitor. YOU CAN WIN THE 22" LCD MONITOR JUST FOR SIGNING UP!!!

Here's the details...

- Surprise PPD Contest: I will also be tracking participants' PPD over the entire contest period. I will compare each participant's contest PPD against their PPD from the week prior to the contest. The participant with the greatest gain in PPD will be awarded an NVIDIA GTX260-216 (card model found in the top post).

- Contest PPD Calculation: Each participant's contest PPD is calculated by taking their total points in the contest period divided by the number of days completed in the contest period. For example, user A has accumulated 10,000 points in the contest period through day 10. User A's PPD would then be 1,000 PPD.

- Surprise Sign-up Drawing: Our generous prize donor, StaTek, is also providing a "Door Prize" just for signing up - a Viewsonic 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Anyone can win, however, there are a couple stipulations. If you're a Team 32 member with a recent Folding history or previous Folding history, you will be shipped the monitor immediately after the drawing. The contest admin reserves the right to determine what is a "recent or previous Folding history" with Team 32. Other "visiting" Folders will be required to Fold then entire contest period with a similar PPD level as they produced before the monitor drawing, otherwise we will draw for the monitor again. The admin also reserves the right to determine what is a "similar level". Bottom line, if you come here to Fold for the contest, we want you here for the entire contest, simple as that. The drawing will take place no earlier than April 13th as it won't be available for shipping until that time.

- Winning Multiple Prizes: Participants can win either the Main or PPD Contest Prize but not both. If a participant wins the PPD Contest and is selected in the Main Contest drawing, they will have the option to select either prize. The prize not selected will either be redrawn for or be awarded to the next greatest PPD gainer depending on which prize was selected. Users may win the Sign-up Prize in addition to one of the prizes as stated above.

So the contest begins at the 12am on april 4th and ends at 1 min till noon on may 1st, well this months power bill is going to burn me, oh well. :beer: Already had to turn the air conditioner on, internal case temp was 106F and room was 96F, and the temp outside was only 83F. That i7 puts out a ton of heat folding bigadv's, got it under control with the megahalems now:D.

Argh, I always start crunching early just to make sure my rigs are stable and there aren't any hiccups. Hit the ground running so to say. That means my starting PPD will be higher than it should have been. Oh well, Can't really complain about more prizes.

So the contest begins at the 12am on april 4th and ends at 1 min till noon on may 1st,

Thanks for pointing that out flaughert. The time has been corrected to say May 1st @ 11:59pm. We'll be running the whole day, not just a half. My mistake.

Argh, I always start crunching early just to make sure my rigs are stable and there aren't any hiccups. Hit the ground running so to say. That means my starting PPD will be higher than it should have been. Oh well, Can't really complain about more prizes.

It's just more incentive to push that PPD even higher!!! :)

Starting Points and PPD Numbers have been posted. Note that these numbers WILL NOT be exactly the same as your EOC totals since we're running on a little bit different time frame vs. EOC. However, the numbers are very close based on the spot checking I did. If you have any questions, PLEASE PM ME.

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

thfoldon.gif

Last edited:
I have to beat Benny to 2Million Pts in Rosie, then I'm all yours. :)

BENNY!!!!!!! You goin Down!

Back