• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any update on your order? I just bought another PSU from them over the weekend, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship.
They are good to go. I have received them but did not post about them yet as I have not have the chance to use the PSUs. But, the PSUs look like they are in new condition and the cables are serviceable.

Today I ordered up this single adapter to 4 riser set up. I had to choose between a combo of what can make it here before month end, is semi reliable and not overly priced. Should be here by the 23rd

I am debating the fate of my MSI Armor RX 570 8GB card. I have never mined with it (might have tested for an hour or two but never made any money from it.) So I am thinking what is better - riding the hardware high price wave and get $175-200ish in my pocket within a week or so OR have it mining making a few dollars a week. It is 8Gb so it will be mining for a while, it's the rate of return that is up in the air.

Additional update on the above. That riser set up did not come as pictured or as the part number suggests they should be. So back to Amazon they went. Which is unfortunate because I liked the idea of one central USB riser to plug them into. I knew that 4 port riser might be an issue but was willing to experiment. The adapters themselves were not what was pictured and the USB cables were a short 12 inches.

I did end up selling the RX570 over the weekend. I listed it for $220 figuring I would get a lot of $150ish offers. I was wrong a guy offered $200 within an hour of the posting going live.

I am having a crazy ride with DogeCoin. Currently down $2.15. But I have been up over $15. I think this is a good coin to spend a day buying and selling and see how well you do riding it's ups and downs.

I have also switched the wallet that Ethermine pays from Authereum to Gemini. I see no reason to pay to move the ETH from one wallet to the other when I can just have it go directly to Gemini.

I have not done much of anything else. I did buy some compressed air for a free PC that is loaded with dust (heat sink is 100% packed with dust/dander.) I will be using that to make a small garage mining rig. Also, I picked up a 5600x from Best buy and spent my PC fund money on that instead of a 3060Ti. Too bad it looks like BB over sold the 5600X and I may not be getting it. But I have to wait till they cancel the order before I deem that money spendable again.

I'm almost all set up again. I'll be trading through Binance.US and Coinbase. Just waiting on account verification stuffs. I've read some bad reviews on Binance.US's CS (and Coinbase for that matter) but will try them with small amounts until I get a 'hands on' feel for them.

I've been thinking of doing the same as you Stompah with Doge. I'll add EOS, Cardano, and Ampleforth for some fun rollercoaster runs. Hopefully, with a net positive, then transfer some into BTC, LTC, and ETH for the larger Bull/Bear rides.

I'm almost all set up again. I'll be trading through Binance.US and Coinbase. Just waiting on account verification stuffs. I've read some bad reviews on Binance.US's CS (and Coinbase for that matter) but will try them with small amounts until I get a 'hands on' feel for them.

I've been thinking of doing the same as you Stompah with Doge. I'll add EOS, Cardano, and Ampleforth for some fun rollercoaster runs. Hopefully, with a net positive, then transfer some into BTC, LTC, and ETH for the larger Bull/Bear rides.

be carefull with EOS, its been flat-lined ever since the CTO and creator left the company :( it may go if something amazing happens, but go figure if and when it will .. and Im holding this crap so take it from a suffering hodler :D

be carefull with EOS, its been flat-lined ever since the CTO and creator left the company :( it may go if something amazing happens, but go figure if and when it will .. and Im holding this crap so take it from a suffering hodler :D

Yeah, I read that too. I'm not talking about investing much. Nothing I'm not willing to lose that is.

Yeah, I read that too. I'm not talking about investing much. Nothing I'm not willing to lose that is.

good good :) well it wont go to zero or anything, the company is still mega rich from the ICO ... so eventually something good may come of it, but may take a long time
actually I think the same of ripple, its too big to fail, but may take a long time and possible drops ahead if the lawsuit doesnt go too well

I purchased Doge merely as entertainment. But, also because it was at less than $.008 when I bought it. So, if miraculously it hits $1 I become a $170,000ionaire. Then, I may be able to afford a 5950x/3090 rig.

My comment about investing on the ups and downs of Doge would be for investment. I would probably dump a few thousand into it to make its small value increases worth the time invested.

I bought my Doge on Robinhood. It is just easier to have it there versus buying from a different exchange. I do not have an active account at any exchange that has Doge.

If you don't have Robinhood you can sign up with my referral link: https://join.robinhood.com/eugenep39 You can get some free stock with it.

cant advise, not a financial adviser as the disclaimer goes :)) but be careful with doge, it only goes up on hype, it has no real use-case
look at cardano (ada), big fuss around it + good use case if they can manage to snag a piece from eth (smart contracts)
eth always, if price dips again
eos may recover if the new cto does a better job
uni may have a good future since uniswap is gaining popularity

again just my thoughts, take with tons of salt plz

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

btw be weary of tomorrow, tomorrow bitfinex and tether must submit documents in the lawsuit against them, if they dont or the docs are bad, I dont even know what could happen, funny thing is it can swing both ways, but its still something to watch for, they are accused of printing tether like it was paper money without any backing ..

anyone pick this up ? :bday:

My investment in purchase of Doge is purely for entertainment.

I would definitely be careful of FOMO investing right now. We could be on the downhill side of a pump and dump.
Second coming of the pump and dump?

My investment purchase went up $80 since I posted the screenshot in the newbie question thread.

did anyone notice UNI did 2x as well? but slowly and with very good fundamentals ;) still I sold and went ADA for a while .. we'll see I guess, Ive been wrong before, oh so many times actually still holding ETC lmao :))

Ok, Doge is making me some money. I have not read up on Doge more than the cursory "was not created as a solid investment vehicle and checks and balances seem lacking." Truthfully I fully wish back in the day when I first heard about Bitcoin I pointed my PC's at it fully. Right now we would not be talking if I had. So much of my computing power just went to waste back then. One reason why I mine ETH. My GPUs sit idle for 20-22 hours a day, might as well make use of the down time.

Ok, Doge is making me some money. I have not read up on Doge more than the cursory "was not created as a solid investment vehicle and checks and balances seem lacking." Truthfully I fully wish back in the day when I first heard about Bitcoin I pointed my PC's at it fully. Right now we would not be talking if I had. So much of my computing power just went to waste back then. One reason why I mine ETH. My GPUs sit idle for 20-22 hours a day, might as well make use of the down time.

do be careful, it has no fundamentals, but can be a wild ride

eh dont start me on that discussion, I mined in 2013 and stopped as it seemed unprofitable, I mined in 2015 and I stopped as I needed cash (sold hard), I mined in 2017 and pissed away the earnings on margin calls .... yeeeeee, but what can you do ? just move forward !

Speculating with your electricity isn't as bad or risky as the stock market tho.

Speculating with your electricity isn't as bad or risky as the stock market tho.

agreed, why I vowed to never stop again :D Im not big time, I dont have the money to straight out invest, so paying a bit of electric and buying a few cards is a fun way for me to get into investing

https://cointelegraph.com/news/grayscale-is-buying-btc-54-faster-than-it-is-mined-so-far-in-2021

"Bitcoins mined in 2021: ~26,000 BTC
Grayscale holdings in 2021: +40,000 BTC

That's who you're selling to, when you're selling now."

fun eh ? the fundamentals aligned for a while .. too bad people dindt listen until Elon had to tweet (but I bet he loaded his bags way before tweeting)

to get back to topic, what I did today, well today I did not buy bitcoin :( I did however buy bnb (binance coin), why you ask ? well binance today was having trouble processing the new registrations and inflow of cash ... and they are the biggest exchange .. get my train of thought ? :)

Made a whopping $640 profit buying and selling Doge. Could have done better if I really tried.

People are just pumping and dumping.

Did you hear about Tron? People started looking at that but some people started buying TRX stock. LOL

Back