• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What UV dye do you recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i don't think they will let you have the old tanks as they get reused and have a $80 or so deposit on them, at least in Canada they do.

i took one from the zero air that drive cleans use for calibration and welded a nut on the top and can use it to hold extra air.

i have a small finisher nailer and i can get about 100 shots from it.

2732893440100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

2070901950100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

i know it's not the best welding job, but it did the trick. i also blew a hole in the tank when i looked away and had to patch it, also why it's sloppy.

but again i've put 150psi in there with no issues.

Last edited:
There are nice air blowers out there branded with the WD-40 name that do a good job. They come with an attachment that focuses the air, but really is awful because it cuts the blowing power down. However, there is also a nice brush attachment that works VERY well at removing dust and getting into crevices. They shouldn't be more than $15-$20 and come with a built-in battery and recharger. They're just as strong as canned air and can pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Searched for "dye" and this thread popped up. Here is yet another reason to avoid it like the plague. No word yet on which dye it was.

Distilled + PT Nuke PHN forever!

EDIT - More data down in the thread: Less than four months run time on the purple UV dye from Petra's.

Just posted there. thank you so much for sharing this info!!

This is the 1st time I'm running my system without a uv dye and so far so good. :) I just put 2 drops of anti-algea stuff, some water wetter ad distilled. :) I have PT nuke stuff but didn't use it yet. I want to see how my system is in a few months... for yrs I've been trying to figure out the best recipe.

i heard so many time that UV dye is not good for the tubing and it cause tubing become cloudy, anyway i'm still using the UV cooling fluid from Feser. I heard some bad story about them but i don't have any issue with it yet :)

Back