• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVC fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psionic98

I'm trying to find out the static pressure/cfm and rpms of an AVC fan I found. Googling only pulled up 1 match to the serial and its a .hu site which I can't read.. nor does it look like it shows up any relevant info.

Serial is: DESA0938B2M

I know its 12v PWM fan, but besides that can't find much info. It feels like its blowing 60+cfm and is actually rather quiet.. its from a Lenovo desktop pull (also sourced myself an E8500 out of it)

So if anyone can find a spec sheet.. I'd appreciate it!

wow over 40hits and nothing.. ah well.. either way its a pretty decent fan.. just need to find a way to check its specs w/o buying expensive equipment to do so

If it's out of a Lenovo desktop, then it's probably a special-built model just for them. So you will have big problems finding any specs for it. Can you post a pic of it, label side showing?

AVC's fan spec page leaves something to be desired, but taking a wild swing at it, I would think this fan would be close to the specs of the DCTA0938_2M, which has a rating of 89.83 cfm, air pressure of 18.66 mm water and 53.1 dB sound pressure. Their site doesn't show the rpm or current draw of their fans.:(

well its better than nothing.. its working well as my primary fan for hsf on 939.. ambient is 23c, chip at full load is only 37C on hottest core (2.8GHz out of a athlon x2 3800+)

sorry to hijack your thread psionic:D, but I do have an AVC fan here....

here's what its looks:
16042011120.jpg

the problem is, after I power it up, the fan spinning at the opposite direction as it should be (it's blowing against the arrow mark) :bang head.
16042011121.jpg

I connected the black wire to the negative rail, and the yellow wire to the positive 12v rail.
Will it be okay if I do the opposite (and also if I hooked up the RPM sensor, and PWM wire to the approptiate connection)?

it should...I'm surprised that thing lived, most of them are only designed to run 1 way

yep . I do feel a little dissapointed with the fan:(
guess I'll try the opposite wire tommorow, and post the result here....

thx m0r7if3r:)

I've just connected the yello to the negative rails,
and the black to the positive rails,
now the fan's stalled it won't spin at all....

maybe I should get another same model from AVC and see if this fan was defected :(

sorry, I forgot to mention....
my AVC fan came with 4 wire, it is:
black, yellow, green, and blue
so I think the power rail is black and yellow (please CMIIW)

originally, it came up with the intel's 4 pin header (and because I'm using a DIY controller; it is bing's 4 pin PWM controller) and since I'm using a standard 4pin header,
so I need to change the header...
but I'm using the intel's wiring code as a guidance, which is identical to the link that you mention above (thanks for the link dude, you :rock:)

the strange thing with this fan is....
when you power it up for the first time (with black on the neg), it really blows air as it should be (that indicated by the arrow mark on the above pic).....
but after it stopped and spinning again, it's blowing air on the opposite direction
(I should upload a video, but I can't get a cam right now)

with controller, this fan is able to spin from 770-5200 rpm, and under 2000, this fan is dead silent . I kinda like it, but the direction of the airflow is killin' me :bang head
and I think the blade of the fan was designed to blow the air as indicated by the arrow mark....

guess, I'll try to look for a cam and post a video of it:)

ahh....
sorry mates, I guess there's no need to take a shot...
after finally able to go back to the local shop and look for another AVC 80mm with the same model (it's the one and only actually :D), it's behave the same (rotating against the arrow mark).....
I suddenly lost my interest on these fans :(

but if any of you still curious bout how it's rotating, just lemme know...
I'll take a shot of it:)

Back