• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1090t's First Run.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1kingd2

1090t @ 4.4

Edit A quick how to OC the 1090t.

after ocing the 1090t for about 3 days I just want to give a quick how to on what seems to be the best way to oc for me. Disclaimer this guide has worked for me, over clock at your own risk =)

1. Go into your bios and disable all power saving options this includes: C1E, Spread Spectrum, and cool n quiet.
2. Do not over clock from your bios as normal. The system does not properly read the over clock from your bios, and this has not worked for me.
3. Instead you will have to use AOD or other software for an OC. I am using AOD.
4. Launch AOD go to preference tab then click on advanced mode. Then go to performance control tab and enter into the "turbo core control" From here you will have the option to disable turbo core.
5. In turbo core control you can select the cpu multiplier to as high as you want it to go, and you can also select your cpu vid as high as you want it to go. Make sure that you disable turbo core before you exit.
6. This should set you up to start your over clocking. Just like over clocking any thing it is always advised to take small steps with your voltage and cpu speed.
7. This chip has a lot of head room enjoy over clocking.

Well here is my first run enjoy.:thup:

Prime 95 tested for 9 hours @4.2

Until Asus fixes the bios you have to oc your cpu through AOD, however you can OC the rest of your stuff through the Bios if you wish, weird.

Well it seems that I can not OC through the BIOS right now. So I will have to use AOD for now. Here it is at 4.4. I tried to deactivate Cool N Quite C1E, spread spectrums, all the basics but the BIOS would not allow me to OC. When I boot all of my changes are set back to stock speeds. The other weird thing is that in the BIOS, the target CPU speed, when settings are at default is at 3.6, yet system information says it is at 3.2

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,775
  • 9hours.PNG
    9hours.PNG
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,718
Last edited:
Umm... Its not oced...

I know I am having some problems with the bios. I just wanted to post my first run because I am happy I got my cpu today. I tried to bring it up to 3.8 in the extreme tweaker tab, but for what ever reason the system information says it is still running at 3.2. And the core speed flacurates a lot it will go from 800mhz to 3.2. I did not see any turbo mode in my bios at all and I am running the 1503 bios.

Don't hold back questions man Thats what we are here for :D

If you are getting speeds of 800mhz, that's probably turbo core kicking in... If at least 3 cores are idle, it drops 3 cores to 800mhz and diverts power to the remaining 3, increasing their frequency by up to 500mhz from what I've read from Anand. Probably also depends upon the utility you are using to read settings, and whether it supports this new hardware - could be a bad reading because it doesn't know how to handle Turbo Core. Guessing, could be inaccurate. YMMV, etc.

Not sure what your bios version listed means, I'm on my phone, but you'll want to ensure you are up to date of course.

If you are getting speeds of 800mhz, that's probably turbo core kicking in... If at least 3 cores are idle, it drops 3 cores to 800mhz and diverts power to the remaining 3, increasing their frequency by up to 500mhz from what I've read from Anand. Probably also depends upon the utility you are using to read settings, and whether it supports this new hardware - could be a bad reading because it doesn't know how to handle Turbo Core. Guessing, could be inaccurate. YMMV, etc.

Not sure what your bios version listed means, I'm on my phone, but you'll want to ensure you are up to date of course.

Yeah that is the weird thing I have the latest BIOS for my mother board. Also there is no turbo core to deactivate in my BIOS. I am going to talk to the asus forums and see what they say.

May also want to talk to icebob, he got his hardware today and he's posting subzero benches currently... The two of you may be able to help eachother out. I know he has some issues he's working around also. Be warned tho, between him and I we may turn you into a benchmarker... ;)

May also want to talk to icebob, he got his hardware today and he's posting subzero benches currently... The two of you may be able to help eachother out. I know he has some issues he's working around also. Be warned tho, between him and I we may turn you into a benchmarker... ;)

Yeah seems like others are having the same problem. I am sure it is some thing Asus will have to work out.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...=Crosshair+III+Formula&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Ps. I want to bench for this forum soon enough. =)

Definitely a BIOS issue, that thing is not behaving right, I keep on having the throttling issue even if everyting is turn off in bios..... was able to bench at around 5g but scores are not there.... will contact Asus and see, so far not impressed....

From what I have heard, ASUS will be rolling out a huge amount of updates for BIOS soon. There should be a lot of support for some of the older boards as well.

I'm watching both of you, be sure to update your threads with any progress or findings... If there's something to say about this which you guys find, I want to share it.

Sounds like we'll need some external answers so far from what you both are seeing. Would be good for everyone to know what you work out.

I think that a lot of companies have yet to release bios updates. I have a UD5P and F8c (a beta from 2009) is still the most current bios update. I'm sure if you give the Thubans a little more time, bios updates will sprout like weeds.

Back