• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
T32.... Are You Ready!?!?!?!???? NO!!!! I SAID.... ARE.... YOU....... READY!?!!?!?!?!?!???

JadedMonkey.jpg

Chimp Challenge 2010

We've been talking about it... You've been wondering about it... Yes sir!!! It's that time of year again. :D

History of the CC

The "Chimp Challenge" originated in 2006 as a sub-Team battle between the overclockers.com sub-Team, folding_monkeys, and the Maximum PC sub-Team, Spider_Monkey. It was not really a Team on Team battle. The battle got started, as you might expect, as a beef between the two sub-Teams regarding who the real "monkeys" were on the Folding scene. Some Team members from their respective Teams helped their sub-Teammates out by joining them in the race, so the original challenge did unofficially take on some sort of a Team challenge, but it was clearly not yet a full Team effort. Maximum PC took the inaugural jaded monkey.

The next year the full Team battle became a reality... with both overclockers.com and Maximum PC choosing a neutral user id to use as the "Team" ID... so it would not be a true battle between sub-Teams but rather a battle between the Teams themselves. overclockers.com (us) came back with a vengeance and took the jaded monkey from MaxPC... and all was right with the world. :)

In 2008 overclockers and MaxPC decided it was time to extend the challenge... and the other two top Teams at the time, OCAU and the [H]orde, were invited to join the fray. MaxPC took back the jaded monkey.

That leads us to last year's Chimp Challenge 2009 and where we are today... with the advent of higher performing SMP and GPU2 clients, more Teams had the production capacity to compete... so the challenge was further extended to include the four teams from the previous year as well as OCN, EVGA, TSC!, and Custom PC. OCN came out on top and is the defending CC champion.

I think it's time to put them, and our arch-rival Maximum PC, in their place... eating our dust behind us!!!! :burn:

We are T32monkeys!!!

Chimp Challenge 2010 Threads

The Pledge Thread - Pledge your PPD to T32monkeys

Passkey Request Thread - Get a T32monkeys Passkey

Challenge Statistics

EOC Chimp Challenge Statistics

Hardware Canucks Statistics

2010 Rules

Points Goal: 20,000,000

Start Time: Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).

The Prize:
The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey. The losing teams are forbidden to display it.

Team Captains

OCF - harlam357
MaxPC - gsmitheman
OCAU - leroyxx
OCN - mortimersnerd
EVGA - l337h4l
CPC & bit-tech - coolamasta
Hardware Canuks - chriskwarren
TSC! Russia - Hil
Tech Power Up - BUCK NASTY

Team Folding Names

OCF - T32monkeys
MaxPC - maximum_monkey
OCAU - Monkey_B o l l o c k s (with no spaces)
OCN - OCNChimpin
EVGA - EVGApes
CPC & bit-tech - CustomBitChimps
Hardware Canuks - Beavers_Gone_Bananas
TSC! Russia - TSCh!mp
Tech Power Up - ChimPowerUp

Challenge Infractions

No pausing of WU prior to start time.
No sabotage of WU Bonus using another Team's name - it only hurts the project.
No helping other Teams win after your Team has finished.

In the event of a close race, a Stanford daily_user_summary.txt file will be the official source for points information.

Last edited:
Now you've got the information you need to write a Front Page post I believe... let me know if you need anything else deadly. :)

o but young grasshopper that pic was taken(found) by me for the first CC so i think it is a case of mistaken identity cause you were not even a member yet :p

the link no longer works :( but here is the post http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4466470&postcount=34

Tell 'em about it Rp!!! :D Wow... I was totally unaware. The credit goes to Rp... definitely! :)

FatCamel said:
MinPC is going down this year!!!

When does this start?

Read the Top Post bro... it's all there. :)

All Team User Names are now Confirmed and Links to their stats are available in the Top Post.

@ harlam357,

Hi this is pgmoney from EVGA folding at home and I just wanted to say good luck to your team this year first. Should be a great contest with some good new teams.

Second, is there any site that has the official rules posted for the Chimp Challenge 2010?
If so could a link be provided publicly so all teams have a reference to go by as to what would be infractions etc..

It would be nice if what all the captains decided on as rules be posted somewhere that all teams can see it and use as a reference.

Thanks for any details on the CC 2010 rules.

Goodluck again to your team and have fun

if the Start Time: Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7), when is the end time ?

if the Start Time: Wednesday, May 5th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7), when is the end time ?

our end time is when team 32 gets 20,000,000 points

in the past years every team go for the goal whether they are 1st or last

Last edited:
Team 32 - Please Note the Following "Infractions" agreed upon by the Team Captains. You can also find these same items in the Top Post.

Challenge Infractions

No pausing of WU prior to start time.
No sabotage of WU Bonus using another Team's name - it only hurts the project.
No helping other Teams win after your Team has finished.

Agreed. Help all other teams by pausing WU thus sabotaging them.

Wait. I think I got that wrong.

Looking forward to a great race. I'll get a chance to burn in my new x4.

Front page article is ready. Just waiting on the editors to publish. I was hoping to get it done sooner. I think the lateness of it is a bit of irony, however. Once I had the information I needed, I ran out of time to get it in the works.:bang head I will be sure to get a PM to IMOG to see if we can get it posted sooner rather than later, so that we can try to get some people reading it.:D

Back