• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AJ'S Mini Italian Build Log!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

Well this is my second build in 6 to 8 months, i would say i like building PC's more than just using it. I hope all the members will enjoy this build as we progress through each of its stages. :) :thup:

The main purpose of this build is to show everyone you do not need to have a "PC Case" and how easy it is to work, clean and maintain using this type of method! ;)

The name of this Build came from 2 things!

1, A Great British Film "Called the Italian Job"

2, And where the main parts came from, ie the Bench Unit.

AJ'S Mini Italian Build Log.

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 01.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 423
  • AJ Italian Build 03.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 436
  • AJ Italian Build 04.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 04.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 364
Last edited:
I will try to do my best to keep things up to date and i am looking at starting properly soon on this build. But for now i will just give the members a foretaste as to whats to come later on. ;):thup: Best regards AJ.

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 13.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 13.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 429
  • AJ Italian Build 08.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 08.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 765
  • AJ Italian Build 07.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 07.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
pretty good looking so far! :) cant wait till you get your station :D

And here is the New Unit i will be using in my Build! :D :thup:

Please Subscribe to this build and helpful comments are welcome! AJ. :popcorn: :cool:

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 20.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 20.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 338
  • AJ Italian Build 22.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 22.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 335
  • AJ Italian Build 23.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 23.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Sorry everybody i got so excited this morning with the Fedex guy calling i plum forgot the parts list! Well will sort that out right now eh!

P8Z68-V/GEN3
INTEL CORE I7-2700K
PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE CPU COOLER-BLUE
CORSAIR AX850W PSU
MY HDD and SSD from my SIG
BANCHETTO DA BENCH DIMASTECH MINI V1.0
Blue AX850 Braided Cable set
2 X COOLER MASTER BC 120 CLEAR BLUE LED FANS
GIGABYTE OSMIUM AIVIA MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD
ROCCAT LUA TRI-BUTTON MOUSE
Plus a lot of minor parts to be fitted along the way. :thup: ;)

Last edited:
Just waiting for some more small parts to arrive in the next few days then we will start to put this Bench Unit together. But in the meantime i will post some more photo's ive just done. AJ. :D :popcorn:

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 18.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 18.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • AJ Italian Build 15.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 15.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 323
  • AJ Italian Build 14.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 14.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
Just a small up date to my build log have order some more parts i needed. And just finished ordering my GPU Card as well a SAPPHIRE HD 7970 6 GB VAPOR-X. The beauty of this card is has the same fittings as my HD 6950/70 Cards i had before 2x DVI outputs. Will post some more up dates of the work i did today later on, as i have to go out now. Regards AJ. :) :thup:

1, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11...VG7U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362578665&sr=8-2

This is the one on order coming soon! :drool: ;)

Today's work completed on the build, yes its a slow burn of start for this as we are waiting for some vital parts coming! I hear you say why did you not order before now, the reason is simple. Until i had my Bench here in the house there was not much i could see what at the time i needed. Now as they say its more than meets the eye, but not to worry by this weekend hopefully we should up to speed. The only major thing i need is the Motherboard Stand Offs which could throw off the build if they don't turn up! Yes they are a special design for this Benching Unit as well. AJ. ;) :popcorn:

P.S. Briansun1 thanks for the nice remarks and welcome to the build.

Attachments

• AJ's Italian Build 28.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 28.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
  • AJ's Italian Build 29.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 29.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 300
  • AJ's Italian Build 30.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 30.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
Well that's it for today as it goes will post some more photo's and up dates later on. AJ. :thup: :welcome:

Attachments

• AJ's Italian Build 31.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 31.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 336
  • AJ's Italian Build 32.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 32.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
  • AJ's Italian Build 33.jpg
    AJ's Italian Build 33.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 353
By the way all the Brackets in blue was a special order!! There normal color is black, but i managed to get them to do this as a test item. Now they think maybe we could do more of this.
So tell me Janus what do you like??? AJ.

Last edited:
The blue is going to look great, going to have a nice 'pop' to it against the white.

I just love benching stations (I use one myself for my 24/7 machine!) -- mine was built by Navig (all wood)

I saw your message about the keyboard. I have another one on my plate right now but hopefully can continue to get more in!

I am hoping to do some more building by the Weekend just waiting for some Final parts here. Yes i saw Navig bench i looked when he was doing his latest build, he is very good and i wonder where he finds the time. What with a full time family etc lol. Just keep watching and thanks for dropping by hope to see you throughout the build on here Janus. AJ.

Last edited:
Good luck on your "testbed" build ! :)

I really like mine and i dont think ill be back on a real case anytime soon.

Same here once i get this together it will be for a long time keep looking in as the best and very best is still to come. AJ. ;) :thup: :popcorn:

Back