• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phenom II x2 555 to x4 B55 @3.89 OCed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drosera01

Friends,

I was not an easy task for me, had to go several (i mean quite a lot of them) changes and stress testing, unlocking and locking cores to settle the difference between socket and Core temps as I lost core temps after unlocking.

Finally, I am here with 3.89 GHz CPU speed and seems to be stable for now.
I bought Phenom II x2 555 BE @3.2 GHz ------> Unlocked to Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.2 GHz --------> Oced to 3.89 GHz.

Any suggestions, comments or indications of possible problems would be highly appreciated.

Screenshots should tell Most of the current settings and I have updated system hardwares on My Signature.

5miy4j.jpg

166kkly.jpg

Looks good! You've done good work :D

UPDATE:
Prime95 was running while I post this thread and above screenshot. HWMonitor now Record Socket Temp 60 degree max and 57 degree current (After little more than 2 hrs on Prime95). No Error, NO Blue Screen and non of the workers have dropped so far.

How long should I run this Prime95? Socket 60 degree means core Temp could be 52-55.

Do you think I might have to work little more to keep the temp even lower or I should be just fine?

NEW UPDATE: OH, WELL WORKER 2 Droped/stoped after 2 and 1/2 hours. What way should I go now? What way should I go now? More Voltage will increase temp. beyound what I want for sure. Only dropping CPU speed I guess. Any suggestion, please?

Max Socket did not go more than 60 and current running is 55 (obvious after one worker dropped.)

Drosera

Last edited:
yeah you've done great, You have a good chip like me.
Yeah with acc you lose the core temp so you have to extrapolate as you have been doing spot on !

If you werent so close to your thermal limit then I reacon theres more potential as your v-core is still rather moderately low.

Theres a couple more things left you can use aidia64 to bench your memory bandwidths at the read write and copy.

Then I'd reduce you ht link down by 1x, so it becomes 2050.
And then play with your nb-cpu, Turn it up 1 more multi so its 2460. then check for stability and if stable then check your bandwidths again on aida64

To be honest when it comes to prime 10 minutes is the time i use to get a rough evaluation of temp-vs vcore vs cpu speed. And once you've settled for a cpu speed your happy with then do longer prime sessions

Yeah with acc you lose the core temp so you have to extrapolate as you have been doing spot on !

If you werent so close to your thermal limit then I reacon theres more potential as your v-core is still rather moderately low.

Theres a couple more things left you can use aidia64 to bench your memory bandwidths at the read write and copy.

And then play with your nb-cpu, Turn it up 1 more multi so its 2460. then check for stability and if stable then check your bandwidths again on aida64

To be honest when it comes to prime 10 minutes is the time i use to get a rough evaluation of temp-vs vcore vs cpu speed. And once you've settled for a cpu speed your happy with then do longer prime sessions

Thanks,
But i have updated my result just now (see above ur post) One of the worker dropped after 2.5 hour of stressing. Should I be concerned?
I know normally i wont be stressing my CPU 100% like prime95 for 2.5 hours in any way but................. is it something that really needs to get adressed?
thanks again.

Well your ht link is a little high, and your temperatures are just starting to get toasty.
As you probably know they hit there thermals around 50-58 degrees.

If you were lower in the 40's then i'd suggest more v-core as your v-core is still quite low but adding more might cause more heat and that will make it more unstable than before.

^^ what he says. HT is a tad high, lower it down one notch, it won't have any impact on the performance.

Needing money :rain:

But the storm should be over before summer and it will be the perfect occasion to build a fully WaterCooled IvyBridge/Kepler rig!:bday:

I'd give it a click more voltage, that should sort that pesky worker away.
Alternatively if it isn't crashing in your daily activities you can ignore it completely.

haa haa yeah, to be honest I was thinking of selling up my unlocked 6950 and my sandybridge setup.
I used to be a dedicated gamer never spent silly money to do it, unlike some crazy peopleout there! but I find very little time to game these days.

Theres a lot of talk about Kepler though!! will be interesting when it makes it's appearance

haa haa yeah, to be honest I was thinking of selling up my unlocked 6950 and my sandybridge setup.
I used to be a dedicated gamer never spent silly money to do it, unlike some crazy peopleout there! but I find very little time to game these days.

Theres a lot of talk about Kepler though!! will be interesting when it makes it's appearance

Yep, and the fact is that I play maybe 2hrs/week the last few month.
I had great time building and fine tuning it and I don't think I could have get any better so... No regret (or almost lol)!

Alternatively if it isn't crashing in your daily activities you can ignore it completely.

I have dropped the HT Link to 2050 and Uped NB to 2460 as guys above suggested.
I am kinda afraid to a click more voltage as temp is already on an edge/max. and yes its not crashing on normal activity but I have not tried heavy gaming as well. Running Prime95 now but would have to stop as I am leaving for work. 10 Minute on Prime 95 no error, no dropping and 57 degree Socket temp max so far.
Will update again and again until i stop playing with this.
Thanks

And anybody can tell me what are those -12 & -5 v are on my HWmonitor screenshot? Are those values i need to keep eyes on?

Don't worry about 'em. They're largely irrelevant and HWMonitor almost never reads the registers correctly to put a number on them.

I do not know what exactly Aida64 tells or what can i infer from Memory Read, Write and copy tests but I did, Here I am posting for evaluation you experts.
I did AIDA64 on (HT 2050 and NB 2460) and (HT 2255 and NB 2255) both came out preety close. Lower HT and Higher NB gave just a very little better score but not much.

ABOUT STability:
After dropping HT to 2050 and Upping MB to 2460 I ran Prime95 today for 3.5 hours, Socket temp Maxed at 61 (I will take that as 55 Core temp). Most of the time it was 57-58 Socket and every once in a while jumped to 60-61 for a minute and dropped back to 57-58. I am guessing I am at the edge and should not be playing with voltage anymore.

Attachments

• Memory Read HT-2050 NB-2460.JPG
    Memory Read HT-2050 NB-2460.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,163
  • Memory Write HT-2050 NB-2460.JPG
    Memory Write HT-2050 NB-2460.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,160
  • Memory Copy HT-1050 NB-2460.JPG
    Memory Copy HT-1050 NB-2460.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,193
Back